Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Lunch at TRAXX

Well, this delay is quite fortuitous, because it gave me an opportunity to have some non Amtrak cuisine! I was very excited about having a salad, but for some unknown reason we were only allowed to order off the "large plates" section of the menu. Which really made no sense as that was the more expensive section, but I wasn't about to get into an argument over it. I ordered a jack & coke ($7) and the chicken with roasted farrow and goat cheese salad. I also ended up sitting with a friendly German man.  We both decided that the food was much better than on the dining car, and then returned to the TRAXX lounge/bar area to continue to wait. We found the train manager, who said that we might be boarding around 1:30 pm. Considering it is 1 pm now, that would be great! I will keep everyone posted with our progress :)

No comments:

Post a Comment